Sherwood Tarlow

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sun Jun 24 16:37:21 EDT 2012

On 6/24/2012 4:34 PM, Donna Halper wrote:
> On 6/24/2012 3:55 PM, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>>
>> This was in his hometown paper
>> http://www.gloucestertimes.com/obituaries/x1511614526/The-Honorable-Sherwood-Woody-Tarlow-87
>
> Similar to the Legacy.com announcement. Doesn't mention his divorce nor
> any of the widely-reported scandals associated with his time as a judge
> or a banker.

This, like the announcement on Legacy.com from the Globe, is not a
newspaper obituary. It's a death notice, and those (whether inserted
into newspapers free of charge or as paid advertising) are not written
by newspaper journalists but by the funeral home and the family. It is
understandable, I think, that they'd omit those unpleasant details.