40 years ago - Boston became a 2 newspaper town

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Sat Jun 23 22:58:26 EDT 2012

On Jun 23, 2012, at 12:13 AM, A Joseph Ross wrote:

> Why were the Red Sox on channel 22 in Springfield when Hartford's Channel 3 reaches all the way up the Pioneer Valley?

I don't know when Channel 3 carried the Red Sox, but they did not carry them by 1968 when I moved to Connecticut.  Channel 22 had them then, and for years after.

In 1968, the Red Sox were on Channel 8.  I don't know for how many years they had the Sox.  They changed to the Mets in 1970.  Channel 40 carried the Mets for a while too.

So I don't know if Channels 3 and 22 carried the Red Sox at the same time.  I doubt it.

Paul