Over digitalized and processed music

Chris Hall chris2526@comcast.net
Fri Jun 22 02:03:27 EDT 2012

I was driving down Memorial Drive yesterday when one of my favorite old songs “Love Shack” by the B-52’s was on one of Boston’s classic hits stations, I could hardly believe my ears.....this fantastic song much like all the great Disco and dance tunes now sound the dregs. They have been through so much digital compression and processing that the original life and texture is now missing. I recall driving Revere Beach with the top down and car loads of kids would be hanging out of cars with Love Shack cranking with them banging on the sides of the car. This song had such life and vibrancy to it, not any more.
I must give major kudos to WBOQ 104.9, if you want to hear music as it sounded originally North Shore 104.9 is the closest thing around and oldies
playlist is far better than anything downtown.