40 years ago - Boston became a 2 newspaper town

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Jun 19 17:27:05 EDT 2012

On 6/19/2012 4:09 PM, Bob DeMattia wrote:

>> No, WHDH-TV was on Morrissey Boulevard for most of its existence. Its
>> studios then became the Channel 56 studios, at least until Channel 56 was
>> taken over by Channel 7.
>>
> >From what I remember, channel 56 was at 75 Morrissey Boulevard, next to the
> Globe building.
>
> The former WHDH studios were across the street at 50 Morrissey Boulevard.

Well, according to Wikipedia, the WLVI studios were a former supermarket
building.  I don't know where I heard that they had the former WHDH-TV
studios, but this seems to be inaccurate.  So one of the questions
becomes, just what became of the WHDH-TV studios, were they actually
across the street from the Globe, and how far were they from the Herald?

Maybe Donna can enlighten us.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.|92 State Street|Suite 700|Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx: 617.507.7856|http://www.attorneyross.com