WEEI roars back

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 17:32:31 EDT 2012

Chad Finn in the Globe looks at the May 2012 numbers and WEEI is very much
alive.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2012/06/strong_may_for_weei_in_ratings.html

What has caught my eye is that the raw cume for WEEI is 300K higher than
WBZ-FM

http://www.radio-info.com/markets/boston

My hunch is that is Red Sox play by play driven as I know of many who would
never listen to sports radio but will listen to a game.

My understanding is Arbitron does not report AM/FM numbers with single line
reporting unless the client pays extra which may explain why nobody seems
to know the breakdown between 93.7 and 850.

I got to admit I have not listened to a pure AM signal in months except for
WCBS and Yankees games. I listen to EEI on 93.7 and WBZ on the 98.5 HD
subchannel.