Great AM audio during its heyday

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Mon Jun 11 09:14:28 EDT 2012

Maybe we remember different jukeboxes.  The ones I remember were
excessively bass-heavy, and had little response above 1500 or 2000 Hz.
Might have sounded good in a noisy pool hall, but in a quieter environment,
not so much.  Sort of like the kids who turned the tone (ie-high cut)
control all the way down on their car radios and marvelled about how much
bass they had (when all it really did was sound muddy).