A few different things

Chris Hall chris2526@comcast.net
Sun Jun 10 02:52:49 EDT 2012

IGA is alive and well as a supplier to the McKinnon's chain in Boston and Southern NH, just bought a pound of IGA butter tonight, when I was a kid there
was a major AG distribution warehouse on the Marblehead –Salem line in the building of the old LEAD MILLS FACTORY........which was later torn down
and declared a major superfund site due to what you ask?  LEAD Great place to store groceries!!!
Every kid in the neighborhood myself included swam and dived on the Marblehead side of the bridge on the old factory beach.
We also swam at Pickman park on the other side of the bridge in what you ask..... the GTE Sylvania incandescent and florescent lighting plant contamination also a superfund site that was covered and sealed like Love Canal.

Something a bit bizarre to ponder, anyone growing up in New England and the provinces of eastern Canada surely remember the the radio, TV and print
slogan “It’s Cott to be good”. What happened to Cott? in the early 70’s it disappeared up North while I lived in Florida. Guess what.... Cott is alive and well headquartered in Columbus, Georgia and the worlds largest bottler of private label soda for the majors like Wal-Mart.

Bizarre part two...Anyone who has lived in the South or the Mid West is sure to know the Piggly Wiggly brand name, what makes so ironic? The home office of Piggly Wiggly is in Keene, NH a division of C&S wholesale grocers. If you have ever bought a Best or Best Yet product you are buying Piggly Wiggly.

Almost every Boston TV station begins news at 4:30 AM these days where is WBZ radio