21st century elevator music (Was Re: WBZ should hang its head in shame)

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Tue Jun 5 13:10:41 EDT 2012

"I was in the new(ish) Whole Foods in Wellesley a few weeks ago and they were running SiriusXM 80s on 8.  I've never heard SXM in a Whole Foods before; the ones in Framingham and Cambridge that I'm in semi-regularly use an unbranded music service.

"I'm told that it's up to the store manager what to play, within the selection the satellite service offers."

SiriusXM has a "storecasting" service for commercial businesses, which is (AIUI) just their regular service with a different rate structure.  I believe the Zaftig's deli in Natick runs it also.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040