equal time controversy

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 03:31:08 EDT 2012

Sometimes a politician, etc. will be asked if they want to come on and
they turn it down (fearing they don't want to deal with the host).
Howie Carr urged Deval Patrick to come on and talk about the issues;
one time, he finally did (on April Fools' Day, oddly enough). Not
since, though the governor does have a regular gig on WTKK (as does
the attorney general I believe.)

Dan Rea disagreed with the Westboro Baptist Church folks but he had them on.

Laura Ingraham had someone on from "Lawyers Against the War". She
asked him a simple question: "Are we better off with Saddam out of
power?" He kept refusing to answer and
finally hung up. When Laura's producer called the man back, he swore
at her (the producer) over the phone. Well she tried.

Scott Brown frequently is on WRKO and WXKS, probably WBZ and WTKK too...
friendly territory. I'm sure they wouldn't mind having Kerry on too
but he probably
refuses. Heck, it could be entertaining--Howie poking fun at Kerry by
talking to him. I think Kerry was on _once_, years ago...

Howie does have some callers expressing liberal viewpoints from time
to time but he
often has some fun with them, especially Josh from Vermont (who also
is not one to respond to Howie's questions) and Steve from Montreal.

Howie has invited Liz Warren to come on his show, and when Jeff Kuhner
filled in they had
on Mass. Dem. U.S. Senate candidate Marisa DeFranco on (the day before she was
sent packing by the modern equivalent of a smoke filled room...)