National Hockey League says Stanley Cup Final on radio in Boston

ljs0610@comcast.net ljs0610@comcast.net
Sun Jun 3 11:00:43 EDT 2012

Another reason (in addition to all those disturbed by the inexorable disappearance of certain radio genres) why satellite radio, Sirius/XM, is an absolute must for anyone who considers themselves a fan of radio.  The purists who dismiss it do so to their detriment.  The past is just that...time to move on.  And if you really want to live in the past, look to the future.  My smart phone can often sound and is about the same size as the transistor radio I received as an very excited eleven-year old.  The subscription fee is a very small price to pay to listen to what you want with the feel of real radio (as opposed to my IPod which, as much as I love it, is a different appeal than live radio).

----- Original Message -----
From: Dan.Strassberg@att.net <dan.strassberg@att.net>
To: Ron Bello <rbello@belloassoc.com>, Kevin Vahey <kvahey@gmail.com>
Cc: Boston Radio Group <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 03:25:06 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: National Hockey League says Stanley Cup Final on radio in Boston

WEEU is definitely listenable on my car radio in suburbs west of Philly
during daylight hours. Nights, probably not but I can't say for sure. Before
moving to 830 a decade or so ago, WEEU was on 850 with much lower power. The
transmitter was a good deal closer to Philly, however. Used to be south of
Reading; now it's well north.

-----

Dan Strassberg
eFax 1-707-215-6367