Could Mindich have worked a deal to park WFNX on a boat somewhere?

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 03:56:21 EDT 2012

This is why lawyers get rich.....

Hypothetically let us say 96.9 decided to drop talk and go alternative
and were awarded the calls WFNX. In a case like that how could Mindich
argue he still owns the trademark after selling the station? CBS can
happily park calls like WBCN somewhere but the Phoenix can not.

Carry it one step further - if another station did get the calls WFNX
could they then challenge that they should own wfnx.com?

I heard tonight that CBS just might do it as WBMX means nothing to them.