Could Mindich have worked a deal to park WFNX on a boat somewhere?

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 23:50:06 EDT 2012

The FCC is political - we all know that.

Now in theory the call sign WFNX should go into the pool on Monday -
but could they wind up on a boat like WCAS?

Call Sign WCAS is not available.
WCAS is assigned to the U. S. Coast Guard.
Vessel Information:
WCAS reserved for coast guard per Rebecca Little's request. Vessel
Name: Waverider Document No: 1056140
To obtain additional information, contact:
Ms. Doris McGhee
The Call Sign Desk
(Tel. 202-418-1616)
To request release of a Coast Guard call sign, contact:
Kim Demory or Betty Martin
U. S. Coast Guard
National Vessel Documentation Center
(Tel. 1-800-799-8362)

I also know WXPO is on a boat - not that anybody would want them :)

Call Sign WXPO is not available.
WXPO is assigned to the U. S. Coast Guard.
Vessel Information:
WXPO-TV