Tower In Milton, MA To Get New Tenants

Bill brscomm@yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 18:47:31 EDT 2012

If you mean the 700 foot tower near the Expressway and the Quincy Quarry, it is actually in Quincy and Milton was very unhappy when it went up. It is primarily a 2-way radio and paging site. It's owned by Industrial Communications in Marshfield. He has one in West Bridgewater next to 24 that has the former channel 46, that's now RF channel 10?

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org [mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of Laurence Glavin
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:49 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Tower In Milton, MA To Get New Tenants

There's an impressive-looking tower in Milton, MA just south of the Boston City Limits that up until now has  not been the home to any broadcast FM or TV station. According to info at the FCC, WUMB-FM 91.9 has  applied to move to that site from its present location about 2 miles to the NNE, increase the HAAT and  reduce power a bit. While I was checking this info out, I became aware that two translators also have  applications to operate from that tower: one at 96.5 rebroadcasting KLRH in Sparks, NV and at 102.1  rebroadcasting WXRV 92.5 COL Andover but really Haverhill, MA. I wonder if WKLB 102.5 and WTKK 96.9 will  file an objection.