WLLH transmitters running out of sync

Chris Hall chris2526@comcast.net
Mon Jul 16 00:20:50 EDT 2012

I suspect they lost one of GPS receivers or a GPS antenna and had to return either the Lowell or Lawrence transmitter to the internal oscillator in the Harris DAX-1. The Odetics Corp which made the receivers which have a sine or square wave output at 1400 Khz are no longer made, if they lost one they may be temporarily SOL until they can repair it or come up with something that will replace it. I have not been involved with WLLH for about three years since the purchase by Gois, they have one engineer working out of WORC.  He handles many stations including Hartford, something on the NY border the two WLLH’s as well as WAMG so he is spread very thin. I am under the heavy influence of the Lawrence signal and it sounds OK but may
be horrendous elsewhere.