Sunbeam playing hardball with DirecTV

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 09:53:40 EST 2012

Is it possible that DirecTV can provide an out-of-market or national feed until this is resolved?

The article mentions retransmission negotiations with Comcast this summer. I don't know about Fox and the Miami market, but NBC now has options in Boston that weren't available before (during the Leno showdown) should this get ugly. They own WWDP and WNEU along with NECN and CSN so flipping a station and setting up a news department is much easier. WNEU now has a HD channel on Comcast as well. I'm sure the legal department is working on this - it may be time just to pay Ansin off and be done with it. (My usual disclaimer - I work for CSN New England but know no more about this than the general public. All views are my own.)

Maureen