WEEI-FM transmitting in Mono

John Francini francini@mac.com
Tue Jan 10 13:17:00 EST 2012

Is there really any point to a talk station -- which by definition is a monophonic activity -- broadcasting a stereo pilot?  They'll be listenable a lot further out in the fringe areas without it.

Maybe they could turn it on for Celtics games and back off again...

By the way: what's the real benefit of having game audio in stereo?  Unless you're going to mix the sounds from the field/rink/court/diamond so that they're spatially correct (so that, say, if the Bruins are in the right-hand end of the rink all the skating/crashing/player noises come from the right speaker), why bother?  "Surround" crowd noise?