Boston-Radio-Interest Digest, Vol 16, Issue 1

Mike Ward mward@iname.com
Mon Jan 2 17:27:08 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Ted Larsen <tlmedia@triad.rr.com> wrote:

> I was hooked on "BZ since I was a kid because my parents were loyal
> listeners. Then they gave me a job, so I was actually "brought" to WBZ.
> Life can be ironic.

It was Larry Glick and Bob Raleigh for me, coming in via the skywave to
Northeast Ohio every night...right next to Roy Fox and Perry Marshall on
KDKA!

And I was "brought" to WBZ in person thanks to Scott Fybush bringing me
along for a visit...though I did work for a one-time Group W Westinghouse
sister station, KFBK in Sacramento. I just missed the Westinghouse era at
KFBK, by a few months, but we still had the automatic news feed recorder in
the newsroom there for about a year, and many reporters kept feeding "KFBK
NewsRadio 1530" lockouts...