WHDH-TV Weather 1959

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Fri Feb 24 18:33:36 EST 2012

On 2/24/2012 5:25 PM, Maureen Carney wrote:

> Cool link! Only wish the Atlantic commercial was included. I like the fact that the weather maps weren't full screen and the weatherman didn't have to exert too much effort to go to the next map.
>

> I remember seeing Atlantic service stations in the late 60s and early 70s, before they became ARCO and left the region. I didn't know that they had that big a presence on TV.

At one time they were a major sponsor of Red Sox baseball.  They had a
cool song:

Atlantic keeps your car on the go!
For business, for pleasure,
In any kind of weather,
Atlantic keeps your car on the go, go, go
So keep on the go with Atlantic.

If we're both there next time we have an in-person gathering somewhere,
and you remind me, I'll sing it  for you.  Maybe with an assist from
others who remember the song.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.             617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700       Fax: 617.507.7856