WHDH-TV Weather 1959

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Feb 23 20:36:58 EST 2012

On 2/23/2012 6:56 PM, Maureen Carney wrote:
> I came across a posting for a TV Guide ad from 1959 featuring Ted Miller and Barney and "Your New England Weather" on WHDH. Barney looks like a duck or possibly a seagull wearing rain gear. Does anyone know about this show? Here's the link if you would like to see it:

Ted was on the air doing weather on the old channel 5 (along with his
characters-- Barney and Leonardo) in the late 50s through the late
1960s.  He also did cartoons of the weather report, if I recall
correctly.  He tried to make his weather report entertaining, but some
of the local critics did not find him amusing-- they preferred a more
professional presentation.