While wandering through the Upper Midwest.

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 01:17:44 EST 2012

Observations while driving from Winnipeg to Minneapolis.

CBW is alive and well on 990 - 1290 AM seems to be a repeater for CHUM in
Toronto and and 680 (CJOB) appears to be Manitoba's WBZ

Fargo's 970 AM (WDAY) pumps out a fine signal that is clear in Winnipeg and
deep into Minnesota.

But WCCO (830) is just a monster, could hear it in static by day in
Winnipeg but by Grand Forks, ND it sounded local.

Now here is something that perhaps only Scott can answer.

KFAN Minneapolis has built a strong network similar to WEEI but KFAN is
actually KFXN-FM

http://www.kfan.com/pages/station.html?feed=289104&article=4051817

Now there is a KFAN in Rochester owned by Clear Channel but I have lost the
logic in the call sign parking in this case.

I am also curious why several stations in North Dakota have W instead of K.