RIP - Dave Maynard

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu Feb 9 20:57:50 EST 2012

On 2/9/2012 8:14 PM, Garys Ice Cream wrote:
> Dave was a classy guy.....and a pleasure to work with.

Agreed. Dave had already "retired" from full-time morning drive when I
got to BZ in 1992, but he was contributing segments to the station for a
few years afterward, and I had the privilege early on of producing and
writing some of them. Even though Dave was already starting to have some
health problems (and Ruth even more so), and even though it was clear
his exit from the morning show hadn't been entirely voluntary, he was
never anything less than a complete professional, even to a newbie on
the staff.