101.7 Lynn

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Dec 21 19:31:27 EST 2012

<<On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 10:55:53 -0800 (PST), Cooper Fox <fox893@yahoo.com> said:

> Not really...  If they go harder (more dubstep, moombahton, and trap
> than normal dance/house stuff) it is a significantly different
> audience.  Pop dance/hip hop and electronica are too completely
> different things.

> However, I can't see this as a big money maker, though.  It's been
> tried in NYC and never really did that well.

But what Clear Channel is doing has some obvious upside: It's cheap,
and solidifies their hold on the young female demos (giving a city
counterpart to the suburban-teenager appeal of Kiss and Jamn).  If it
prevents a full-B competitor to Kiss and Jamn, it could easily worth
the price for them.  Keep those listeners "in the family" and all.

-GAWollman