WMJX all Christmas

Don Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 13:20:58 EST 2012

> But they are playing the same 30 songs over and over and over.....During
> my
> 5 hour work shift yesterday I heard some songs 4 times!

They appear to be playing a core group of power-Christmas songs on a 2 hour
rotation...ala  Top 40 style.

The rest of the hour appears to be filled in with some lesser known songs,
versions, aritsts.

As I said above, this reminds me of the old days of AM Top 40...where you
went for massive cume, and relatively low TSL (shorter listening spands).

As with all programming, it's finding a balance between long TSL and big
cume.

Maybe this makes sense this time of the years, as people are rushing around
listening for shorter and shorter spans through Christmas Day.  (Bopping
around in the car to pick this up, head over to aunties, check this store
for that, etc.)

While there are a lot of Christmas songs, if someone has a 20 minite trip to
the mall, they WANT to hear Jingle Bell Rock, Felix Navidad, Merry Christmas
Darling, Holly Jolly Christmas Rockin Around the Christmas Tree...and the
other biggie songs.