Richardson Tower Anjtenna Up and Functioning?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:50:55 EDT 2012

Today (Friday, 08/24) was according to reports supposed to be the day that the newly-repaired TV antenna
 atop the Richardson Tower on Cedar St. in Needham would be restored to full-power, or nearly full-power operation.
 At about noon today, I checked the signal coming in to my digital-to-analog box with my auxiliary CRT television
 set, and I could see three improvements: WGBH-TV 2.1 and 2.2 WERE receivable but dropped out if I moved; WBZ-TV
 4 (nothing else) and WCVB-TV 5 (right now nothing else; soon to add a 5.2) were rock steady as they were pre-April 8th.
 WGBX-TV 44.1, 44.3 and 44.4 never disappeared during the time the master antenna was away for repairs.
 WGBH-TV's website states that they're running at full power and everything is back to normal (I suppose that refers to
 WGBX-TV also. I may have to tweak my powered rotatable antenna some more because the signal seems spottier than before.)