1200 stunting as Gaffe 1200

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Tue Aug 14 08:46:18 EDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM, A Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com>wrote:

> On 8/13/2012 3:59 PM, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
>
>  If TSL is important (and supposedly, it is), why make the listener feel
>> as though he has been listening all day after only 20 minutes or so?
>>
>> Also, I assume that the total absence of music is a royalty thing. Some
>> comedy music (Tom Lehrer, for example) would be very welcome--at least to
>> these ears. Also, I've heard nothing from the Goon Shows.
>>

> And Allan Sherman.

But is TSLwhat they're looking for here?  I'm guessing they're aiming for
cume instead, with fast-paced highlights as opposed to long comedy routines.

I'm not sure that 50 year old comedy bits is the best way to attract a
demographically desirable audience today.  So much of comedy's appeal is in
being contemporary....someone telling Nixon jokes isn't gonna cut it with
someone who wasn't even born when he resigned.