When Roy Leonard was in Boston

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 03:48:56 EDT 2012

My recollection of the switch is that for about a month WNAC was a hybrid
MOR/Top 40 outlet.

The one announcer I am certain of during that phase was Ed Miller doing
afternoons.

The calls switched to WRKO during the transition phase.

RKO General and IBEW went to war over the changeover and IBEW wound up
striking shortly after WRKO started up. AFTRA honored the picket line and
it got ugly. The strike knocked Arnie Ginsburg off the air and he never
returned after the settlement as WMEX won their case.

Donna knows the story of a WNEU person who got caught in the crossfire.