ESPN New York moving to 98.7 FM (WRKS) KISS moves to 107.5 (WBLS)

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Fri Apr 27 17:33:43 EDT 2012

ESPN was aware of the reception issues apparently as (at least in 2009) they
were simulcasting on 1040 in  Flemington NJ (forget the calls)..

Paul Hopfgarten
Epping NH

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Nelson
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 11:09 AM
To: Dan.Strassberg
Cc: Boston Radio Group
Subject: Re: ESPN New York moving to 98.7 FM (WRKS) KISS moves to 107.5
(WBLS)

Yes--the column is here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/local-fan-reaction-espn-york-1050-am-move-165400985--nfl.html

He writes:
"The ESPN 1050 AM radio signal is somewhere between "fair" and "I
can't understand a word they're saying." I live across the river from
Manhattan, and static frequently prevents me from listening to the
station once the sun goes down. The same can't be said for ESPN New
York's greatest rival, WFAN 660 AM. WFAN comes in loud and clear at my
home 24 hours a day, 365 days a year."

He compares WFAN's strong signal (can get it well across Pennsylvania)
to WEPN and mentions friends in New Jersey having trouble with the
latter.

--Bob