ESPN New York moving to 98.7 FM (WRKS) KISS moves to 107.5 (WBLS)

D. A. donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 20:52:26 EDT 2012

> Subject: Re: ESPN New York moving to 98.7 FM (WRKS) KISS moves to 107.5 (WBLS)

So basically WBLS is going away?

Was WBLS doing that poorly that sending it off into the graveyard is a good idea?

With Sports, News and Talk moving to FM....there is going to be less and less musical variety on the radio dial!

In Boston, Sports has taken the place of TWO FM signals.

Talk has taken the place of 1 FM Signal.

I feel like it's only a matter of time that CBS sees WODS's demos get old enough that sacrificing it for a WBZ simulcast would be a good idea.  (Like Entercom did with 93.7 & WEEI)

That would be four music stations gone....and for some in their place a simulcast of whats available on AM.

Add to that an abandonment of any reason to turn on the AM dial....

Doesn't look pretty for music lovers.