"Terrestrial" radio (was "Can WBCN lead listeners...")

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Wed Apr 18 15:41:30 EDT 2012

I am more annoyed with "wireless" like it is a new term.

In a message dated 4/18/2012 12:01:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

>>I'm getting annoyed by the wide misuse of the  word
"terrestrial" by radio listeners these days. The
word literally  means "on the Earth" or "from the
Earth", as in that humans are  "terrestrial" beings,
and space aliens are "extra-terrestrials".  (Anyone
remember the cheesy '70s sci-fi movie  "ET"?)<<