Channel "5" during Boston's great OTA TV outage of 2012

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:34:41 EDT 2012

 Yesterday (Tuesday 04/10) I learned something new courtesy of Scott: that the legendary, long-standing WBZ-TV
 Tower at 350 Cedar Street, Needham, was no longer OWNED by WBZ/CBS. I had never heard about Richland Towers
 nor can I remember ever reading about the sale of the tower and land. I just visited Richland Tower's website, and
 evidently they're a big playah in this industry, although probably not close to our friends at American Tower. Now it
 seems WBZ/CBS may have to site new auxiliary facilites elsewhere like the Candelabra a la Sunbeam TV, or they could
 regard this incident as a rare one-off event that only affects two per cent of the potential audience. Also, I wonder: who
 booted WCRB-102.5 off the 350 Cedar Street Tower when the extra height was added...WBZ/CBS or Richland?