Channel "5" during Boston's great OTA TV outage of 2012

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Apr 10 12:07:35 EDT 2012

On 4/10/2012 11:46 AM, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 07:33:18 -0400, "Dan.Strassberg"<dan.strassberg@att.net>  said:
>
>> has historically been called the Channel 4 tower in Needham. (Since
>> the other three FM/TV sites in the Newton-Needham area are in Newton,
>> it would seem OK to refer to the affected tower as the Needham tower;
>> FM 128, the Channel "7"/"56" self-supporter, and the Candelabra are
>> all in Newton.)
>
> No, the "UHF" Candelabra is most assuredly not in Newton; it's west of
> the river, which forms the Newton/Needham town line.

With the transition of ownership of the former "Channel 4 tower" to
Richland Towers, I'm hearing it being referred to now as simply the
"Richland Tower."

It will be interesting to see how much blame gets apportioned to
Richland for the antenna failure - presumably it's their master antenna
and transmission line now?