WBIN News aired last night

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 13:40:23 EDT 2011

Finally! Caught it on my DVR at work. The set looks like something from the 80s, or not HD ready at any rate. One anchor - Amanda Decker, with Kyle Dennis on weather. Martin Morenz (formerly of WFXT) is a reporter. News ticker is headlines provided by the Boston Globe (and Bob Ryan made an appearance to discus the Sox). No suprise - no dedicated sports anchor. That seems to be the way of the world at this time.

First impressions - set looks old. They're going to have to make a better attempt to catch viewers against the Boston stations at that hour. There's nothing there that would make me watch them over TV38, Fox 25 or CW56. A cast of almost all unknowns isn't a help in this case. Part of the reason to watch was to see if Al Kaprlien made a return, and he didn't. Putting it on the schedule and not running the news for almost 2 weeks wasn't a good sign either. In any case it's a work in progress but I don't see it doing well against the Boston 10p newscasts. If they just focus on New Hampshire they may be OK over time. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Maureen