Question RE: Rules Regarding Directional AM Tower Site Maintenance

ComfortZones Comm s.bingham@comfortzonescomm.com
Tue Sep 6 09:44:17 EDT 2011

I want to first thank you all for all of the discussions going and keeping semi-retired radio folk like me in the loop. I usually just read and enjoy, but recently I drove by a directional AM tower site. It was formerly in a field. The station is active, however, management has apparently stopped haying the fields and let trees and saplings grow up around the tower array and transmitter shack. We're talking 6-10'. This has got to raise havoc with the radials at some point.
How would one handle the situation as good citizen? Does the FCC in its current state of overload even care about these things anymore? It's been gnawing at me, and if nothing else, would love some feedback and answers. Thanks!

Bing