WEEI-FM 93.7

Doug Drown vzeej5wn@myfairpoint.net
Wed Sep 14 12:37:24 EDT 2011

For what it's worth (and admittedly it ain't worth much), let me insert
this curmudgeonly comment: I hate this "EEI" call letters nonsense.
 Maine's oldest radio station, WABI in Bangor, had its call letters
changed by Blueberry Broadcasting a few years ago when Blueberry
abruptly dropped the station's music format (and its 60-year morning
man George Hale in the process, for whom the station's studio was
named[!]) and effected an affiliation with the WEEI Sports Network. The
calls were changed to WAEI.  Within a year, the WEEI connection was
severed because of contractual problems.  The new call letters have
remained. It irritated me then, and it still irritates me today.  I
don't like the idea of tinkering with history, especially when it comes
to old, historic stations.  Look at what happened to WCOP, WMEX and
WAAB.  At least Entercom, to its credit, has retained WAAF (modified
many years ago from WAAB-FM).  -Doug

There already is a WEEY, serving Brattleboro and Keene.