Almost impossible for the average person to buy a HD Radio

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 11:17:48 EDT 2011

WBUR does very well with news because it is on FM.... the mighty 1030's
audience has been eroding the past few years.

When did the FCC start allowing full simulcasting pf AM and FM in a market?
Back in the 60's they required at least 12 hours of separate programming to
spur interest in the band but that was rescinded at some point but I can not
recall when.