Almost impossible for the average person to buy a HD Radio

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Sep 10 00:51:11 EDT 2011

On 9/9/2011 10:08 PM, D. A. wrote:

>> ----------------------------------
>> Nope!  It's dead&  buried.   :-)
>>
>> ---BB
>
> Just like the AM band?
>
> With one of the big formats leaving the band next week....Is there ANY reason to turn on AM besides WBZ?

Well, first of all, I haven't heard that WEEI was leaving the band, just
expanding to FM.  I'd guess there must be some places where the AM
signal is the better signal.

As for reasons to tune AM, my car radio has six AM buttons.  Only two
are set for local stations:  WJIB and WBZ.  Three are set for Western
Massachusetts stations:  WNNZ, WPNI, and WHMP.  The sixth is set for
1600, which is both WUNR and one WHNP, of WHMP's satellites.  WNNZ is
public radio talk (WFCR tends to play classical music, though not full
time), WPNI relays WUMB folk, and WHMP carries progressive talk.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856