Sports radio in the 1930s

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sun Oct 30 17:33:41 EDT 2011

On 10/30/2011 8:01 AM, Dan.Strassberg wrote:

> (My guess is that the height was no greater than 350', which would
> have been half-wave at 1400. That was likely WAAB's frequency
> pre-NARBA.) I imagine that if a photo of the tower exists anywhere,
> Donna either has the photo or knows of its whereabouts.

WAAB was at 1410, actually (with only minor exceptions, everything from
1200-1450 moved 30 kc up the dial in NARBA), and I'm pretty sure its
shared tower with WNAC was considerably shorter than 350'.

It was also, as best I've been able to discern, the very first licensed
vertical radiator used for AM in the US.