WQPH Correction I Sent And Reply From Lowell Sun

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Oct 26 23:56:11 EDT 2011

On 10/26/2011 1:21 AM, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> All U.S. customary units are defined in terms of the metric units.
> (One inch, for example, is defined to be exactly 25.4 millimeters.)
> This has been so for more than a century and a half.  (The survey
> foot, the base unit used to survey the West, was defined to be
> 1200/3937 meter.)

Funny, I thought I learned somewhere in elementary school that there was
a platinum bar at the U.S. Bureau of Standards with markings on it
indicating the length of a yard, and all other measurements were derived
from that.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856