Legal IDs and shared-time stations

Doug Drown vzeej5wn@myfairpoint.net
Wed Oct 5 09:04:52 EDT 2011

No one has yet responded to my question as to how TV stations get away
with not having top-of-the-hour IDs, even at their 6 and 11
newscasts.   Last week, I saw WRGB seque right from one of its CBS
programs into its 11:00 report, without so much as mentioning the
station's name or location (which is given on its website as "CBS6
Albany" even though it's been in Schenectady for 70-plus years).  Same
with WBZ-TV.

Isn't a TOH ID required by the FCC?    -Doug

Hi, Scott: Thanks! Doug Broda had informed me yesterday of the