WMFP switching to MeTV

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:20:03 EST 2011

Nobody in the industry (commercial) has done a better job of using the
digital subchannels better than Weigel Broadcasting.

MeTV got started on LP channel 23 and was also on 26.2 in Chicago.
They got Comcast to carry 26.2 in Chicago - bought a ton of bus ads on the
CTA and have done quite well.

Today the lineup is
26.1 WCIU
26.2 WCIU (time shifted)
26.3 MeTV
26.4 MeToo
26.5 This TV

http://wciu.com/

26.1 also carries White Sox and Cubs games on a lease deal from WGN. WGN
produces the games by they air on 26.1 because of conflicts with the CW.

They have exploited the fact that cable penetration in Chicago is lower
than average in the poorer neighborhoods.