Pattern change sign-on/off times, etc.... WMLO?

Linc Reed-Nickerson linc45r-n@lincster.com
Thu Nov 17 09:37:09 EST 2011

On 11/16/2011 3:30 PM, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
> However, remember that AMs that operate from dual transmitter sites
> have pattern-change times that can differ from those based on the
> location of either site. The FCC calculates these manually to avoid
> situations that would force these stations to go silent for 15-minute
> periods near sunrise and/or sunset in some months as the result of
> differences between the rounded sunrise times and/or sunset times at
> the separate sites. At the moment, I don't think there are any
> dual-site AMs near Boston. WBIX used to be one but its successor,
> WQOM, no longer is.

I believe the Beverly (ex-WMLO) station had a two-site operation for a
few years.  The phasor and ATU's are now in my shop in Oregon to be used
for our switch to 1210, DA (after rebuilding of course).  Will save us
about $70k, they are in new condition.

Linc