The sad, unwarranted decline of rock music on FM radio.

John zymrgist@comcast.net
Wed Nov 16 13:20:47 EST 2011

While I agree wholeheartedly that the homogenization of radio
has been leading to its decline for quite some time.,  (Accelerating
in the last decade because of the availability of alternative
means of getting ones music fix)
I would have to disagree with this portion of the quote in Kevin
Vahney's post.
> Recording a show to sound live or local when it's
> neither makes a DJ sound like the great and powerful Oz---a disembodied
> voice behind a curtain, not to be trusted.
If that is how the DJ sounds, then the DJ is not doing it right.
I can record a weekend show that you would never know wasn't live
unless you were told.  I can give the time, talk about current events,
etc.
I've even given some information on the air,  then a break later mentioned
how such and such listener called in and corrected me and gave the
corrected info.  Both of those breaks prerecorded two days before.
It's all in how you present it.
John Lee