The Globe looks at the future of AM radio

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Nov 10 00:22:47 EST 2011

On 11/9/2011 8:04 AM, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> The Globe this morning (11-9-11) writes about WEEI's apparent success in
> moving WEEI to 93.7 and wonders if others will follow. Our own Scott Fybush
> is quoted.
>
> http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2011/11/09/for_am_stations_future_may_be_on_the_fm_band/?page=full
>

> What the article fails to mention is that the first month of
> WEEI-FM's existence came as Boston was transfixed with the RedSox collapse
> and aftermath. In any event it does appear that most listeners have made
> the jump to FM.

I'll be interested to see how long we continue to have two sports talk
stations on FM.

And if it's true that fewer and fewer people are listening to AM, I
wonder what that means for WJIB.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856