Honest Dick Smith Dies

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Tue May 24 09:35:35 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Doug Drown <revdoug1@myfairpoint.net>wrote:

>  Fifteen or so years ago, WORC brought back its PAMS jingles and for a
>> brief time ran an oldies format.  Smith was back on the air doing his
>> morning gig, and sounded as good as ever.    -Doug

For a while in the early-ish 90s they were in AM stereo with the oldies
format, though very few of the songs they played were in stereo.  Oddly,
when they transitioned to classic rock (on AM in the 90s!) they switched the
stereo off.

At the time I was living in the Manchester, N.H. area and WORC was "dx'er
listenable" with some splatter from WDER.