70 years ago today...

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Mar 29 23:11:20 EDT 2011

On 3/29/2011 1:23 PM, Dan.Strassberg wrote:

> During all of this, WHDH (850) remained an independent, modeling
> itself on New York's very successful WNEW (1130) but with the added
> advantage of carrying both Red Sox and Braves PBP. I imagine that the
> PBP for a lot of games was re-created on delay from the wire-service
> ticker.

I remember sometime around 1949 or 1950 sitting with my father as he
listened to a baseball game on the radio where there was all this
clicking before the announcer said anything.  My dad explained to me
that the announcer was sitting in Boston and reading the game plays from
a ticker.  I didn't quite know what a ticker was, and I thought he was
somehow able to interpret the clicks.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856