WLNE sold for $4 million

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 15:20:38 EDT 2011

When you think that WZMY went for $9.25m it's baffling. I guess technically
being in the Boston market counts for something.

Since it's an ownership group with a track record ABC looks like they'll stick
around. I don't know if new ownership will cut the newsroom or make a deal with
NECN to produce news for them. (My usualy disclaimer: I work for CSN but have no
direct inside knowledge. I just know it's a possibility that management seems to
be open to at this time.)