WHDN (was Re: Food Chains (was: Blaw-Knox towers and Nashville))

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Mar 18 20:57:59 EDT 2011

<<On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 19:37:38 +0000, Sid Schweiger <sid@wrko.com> said:

> 5 Guys is coming to Redstone Shopping Center in Stoneham, on the
> north end next to Boston Market.  Remodeling work is underway, so
> they'll probably open in a few weeks.

The standard thing for franchise restaurants (how did we get onto that
topic?!) is to require franchisees to open a large number of new
restaurants in their territory within a fairly short period of time.
Panera, for example, requires franchisees to open 15 stores in 5
years.  One of the first stores in this area has been open for about
fifteen years (the were in the old Framingham Mall before it was
de-malled), but they just exploded a few years ago as the company
demanded that the franchisee expand his operations.

-GAWollman
ObRadio: I noticed they've been buying a lot of radio lately.