Blaw-Knox towers and Nashville

Mike Ward mward@iname.com
Fri Mar 18 00:51:34 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> wrote:

> I wonder how they'll do. I don't think their northern ventures into Indiana
> or Ohio did well.

Since you and I have eaten at one of the Ohio Sonic locations (in Parma)...

They seem to be doing OK here.  At very least, none have closed yet!
I think they are depending on the drive through window to get them
through the winter.  I don't recall the Sonics in Roanoke having drive
through windows.

> As for Blaine's mention of Quaker Steak, I don't think it's a test-market
> issue; I think Fort Wayne was simply a logical extension of their existing
> western-PA based marketing region that stretches from Buffalo into Ohio. I
> wouldn't be at all surprised (and would be quite pleased!) to see them in
> Rochester at some point, too.

Fort Wayne is close enough.  They have a decent presence in even the
western Cleveland suburbs, and I want to say there's at least one in
Toledo.

Their original location in Sharon PA is roughly a 5 minute drive from
one of my former radio haunts...