WLNE airing infomercials in place of 7p news

Doug Drown revdoug1@myfairpoint.net
Thu Mar 17 23:46:18 EDT 2011

>> WLNE is
competing against Providence stations for advertisers, all of whom are
selling the entire Providence market. There is no New
Bedford-specific market for television advertising; it's simply too
small and too close to Providence to have a viable local market.

Makes me wonder whether a network-affiliated VHF would have survived in
Worcester, had WTAG fulfilled its plans back in the '50s.

  -Doug