CBS Radio finally kills JACK-FM in Chicago

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sat Mar 12 17:22:10 EST 2011

On 3/12/2011 3:34 PM, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 14:58:24 -0500, Kevin Vahey<kvahey@gmail.com>  said:
>
>> It begs the question on why ABC didn't do the same thing with WPLJ
>> especially when you consider that is Shannon's home station.
>
> No, it doesn't "beg the question".  Begging the question means making
> an argument that assumes its conclusion.
>
> Last I heard, WPLJ was a revenue monster, and Citadel isn't going to
> blow up its only FM in market #1 when it's still highly profitable.

But the Cumulus deal gives Citadel the chance to have a second "NYC" FM
if they so choose...they can complete the WFAS-FM move from Westchester
to the Bronx, which at least will give them a class A signal on 103.9
covering much (but not quite all) of the city.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see True Oldies Channel to appear on
103.9 once the deal is done...